When it comes to bringing or increasing traffic on our website, we often think about SEO. This is pretty much natural because of the way the SEO has been touted by bloggers across webspace. The primary reasons of harping much on the SEO is that it involves creating indexable content, the crucial part of blogging work. Because of this inherent advantage of optimizing content, the majority of bloggers on the internet get 80 to 90% of traffic on their website through Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Meaning, the SEO is a natural choice for bloggers to drive traffic and they also claim the methodology as free traffic.
However, the Internet is not only about bloggers, nor SEO is the only way to drive traffic nor it is free method, given the fact that SEO requires time and resources significantly. So, a balanced view about the traffic is that there are multiple other ways to drive traffic apart from SEO. And, many of them can bring you the traffic almost instantly on-demand.
As you all are aware that traffic is the life blood of sustaining any online economic activity that includes blogging, we have discussed 50+ ways to bring traffic to your website in this post. Read this article through the end and I believe you will discover all workable ways to bring traffic to your website.
Social Media Marketing
Be social and join different types of social media platforms as much as possible. It can be the best way to bring traffic to your website if you have good followers on social media. So, try to share your blog posts on social media platforms so that your followers can reach your website easily.
- Join the major social media platforms: There are a lot of social media sites available on the internet but try not to join every site. Join only those sites which can really push your business upward like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
- Fill out your social media profiles: Only making social media account is not enough, you have to spend some time on your profile picture and description. Add a good photo and description to your profile that indicates your business or website.
Why should you spend some time on your social media profiles?
The reason behind doing this is to get traffic to your website by putting a link in the description. And, another reason can be branding. So, be sure to put some link with a call to action that gives people a reason to click on your link.
- Make a Facebook page: To create a Facebook page, first, you will need to log in to Facebook. You can go through this link to create a Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/create/. Remember, don’t forget to complete your profile and put a link with a call to action. Now, you can start publishing posts on your page like videos, photos, and infographics.
To help people find your page, try to include relevant keywords in page and description.
- Make a Facebook group: To create a Facebook group, first log in to your Facebook account. Click on “Create a Group” in the left-side navigation bar. Now, you will able to choose a name for your group. choose whether it’s open (best for business), closed (except members of the group no one see the posts) or secret(only you can see the contents of the group). This is a great way to start a discussion group or support group.
- Post-share-worthy content: If you really want to take advantage of social media platforms then try to make unique, useful, and engaging content so that people share your content naturally after consuming. Once people started sharing your content then you will get a lot of traffic.
Posting share-worthy content is part of the equation. The other part is present a call to action where you specifically ask people to share, re-tweet and re-post your content.
For example: “Click share if you agree!” Another example: “Share with your friends – they’ll love you for it!”
- Funnel People back to your website: Creating more and more accounts on different social media platforms is great but don’t forget that your main motive is to drive traffics.
What does funnel people back to your website mean?
The term “funnel” means a tube or pipe that is wide at the top and narrow at the bottom. Same as creating a funnel in your social media sites and attract the visitors through that funnel to your website. One good way to do this is to pin a post at the top of your page that offers people a free product in exchange for their email address. You can then link to your landing page.
If the visitor fills out your form, he or she becomes a lead. You can now market to the customer outside of your websites, such as via email, phone, or text.
- Start contests on Social media: It is the best way to boost your subscribers, followers, and traffic. So, start organizing the contest on social media and offer awesome prizes to the winners. You can take help from tools like rafflecopter.com and Socialtools.me. Rafflecopter lets people get more entries by sharing your contest with their friends, which can make your contest go viral.
You can offer the winners a limited-time discount coupon on your products to boost your sales.
- Ensure Sharing is Easy: Sharing of content on social media is one of the easiest ways to launch viral content. It’s very easy to share content on social media with one click. Add “social media share plugin” on your website to make people easy to share your blog posts on social media. So that after reading, if people like your content then they can easily share with their friends and families with one click.
By doing this, you will get a lot of traffic to your website. This can help you in making your content viral if you have written quality and engaging content.
- Post a variety of content: Variety makes people more engaged than similar content. If you post a variety of content on social media then people will not only engaged but also it gives you a chance to know what types of content your audience is engaged with more.
You can post content such as:
- Niche-relevant “rants”
- Reactions to news stories
And many more….
- Interact with your followers: If you want to sustain longer and expand your business then only posting content is not enough. Try to build relationships with your audience by replying to their comments and join the discussion.
It will create trust between you and your audience and in the future, if you say anything to do your audience then most of them will become agree.
SEO – Search Engine Optimization
SEO is the way to optimize the posts according to search engines like google, yahoo, bing, etc. and get rank on the first page to get traffic. This is the best free way to drive traffic (also known as organic traffic).
If you are thinking that you can rank any posts without doing SEO then forget about it. It was happening when there was no competition but today there is a huge competition in the market. You can get a lot of traffics through other methods but cannot rank on the first page of search engines.
Of course, SEO is not only important for ranking but also quality content matters. So finally, we can conclude that the combination of both Quality content and SEO is the only way to rank on the first page and get huge traffic (free or organic traffic). To rank on the first page of any search engine follow the tips below:
- Use a keyword research tool: Keyword research tools play a vital role in SEO. Without it, you cannot rank your posts on search engines. Don’t guess what people are searching for in search engines because it’s useless and a waste of time.
Instead of guessing, use keyword tools like Ahref, SEMrush, google keyword planner, etc. Enter the keyword such as “how to earn money” in the keyword tool and it will list hundreds, thousands, and even more than thousands of related searches.
Keyword tools will not only help you in finding keywords but also show you the competition, search volume of keywords, etc.
You can then create content on those keywords with a relatively high number of search volume yet relatively low competition.
Remember, the name of all keyword tools we have mentioned above is not free. Only google keyword planner is free but it will not provide you much information. If you have a budget then you can go with Ahref because it will provide you a lot of information as compared to other tools.
- Redesign your site with SEO in mind: You can double your web site’s traffic by optimizing it. If you haven’t created any website yet or already have a website then redesign it. Figure out your main keyword and include them within the navigation menu, other internal links, page titles, and more.
- Insert keywords in key places: Use the focus keyphrase or keyword in your blog posts. You can use your main keyword in page title, posts title, SEO title of posts, meta description of posts, the slug of posts, and inside the posts itself.
Also, try to use synonyms of the keyword. For example- If you are writing about parcel distribution, you can use similar words such as parcel delivery.
Yoast SEO is one such tool or plugin that can help you in the SEO part of your website. It is available in both premium and free versions but doesn’t worry if you don’t have enough budget to buy a subscription then you can use its free version. The free version is more enough to do SEO in the Posts of your website.
After you install and activate this plugin on your website, it will show the readability and SEO score of all your website’s posts. And, whenever you write an article on your website, this plugin will help you in optimizing the SEO as well as readability part.
- Consider your link names: Include the keyword in links also e.g., “yourdomain.com/keywordhere.html”. If your domain name includes keyword then it becomes like “icing on the cake”.
If you’re using WordPress, log in to your dashboard, go to “Settings” and choose “permalinks.” Then choose a link structure that puts the post name in the link.
Note that WP also lets you manually choose your link name when you’re creating the post.
- Create a mobile-friendly website: In the second quarter of 2020, mobile devices (excluding tablets) generated 51.53 percent of global website traffic, consistently hovering around the 50 percent mark since the beginning of 2017.
Most people use their smartphones for surfing the internet. So, it’s better to focus more on mobile users instead of laptops or desktops.
Also, now google considers mobile-friendliness as a part of their ranking algorithms. It means your website should:
- Have a responsive theme.
- Space links out so they’re easy to tap.
- Make sure your website loads fast: Even, in a delay of seconds you can lose huge traffic on your website. Also, Google prefers more the site loads faster.
It doesn’t mean that only google wants a fast loading site but also your visitors too. So, go and check out your website thoroughly and see where your website needs work? and What is making your site speed slow?
If needed, reduce the size of images in your site, turn off auto-play videos or audios, and be sure all scripts are running smoothly.
- Focus on quality links, not quantity: Backlink is a link created when one website links to another (also called inbound or incoming links). Backlinks are very important to SEO.
Some search engines look at links from other sites as “votes” for your web page. You can rank on the first page and first position by votes (means backlinks) but remember that only the number of backlinks is not important but also quality matters.
It means the authority and quality should be high of the site from which you are getting backlinks.
- Try to make content for human first: Whenever you are writing content, first think about human visitors, not search engines. If you attract only search engine and repels human visitors then your site will not grow. Quality content comes first before SEO. We know that without SEO ranking is almost impossible but don’t forget that poor content also can’t rank because of low audience retention.
- Keep yourself up to date: The SEO landscape changes fast, that’s why you need to update yourself. You can keep eye on some SEO sites like www.searchenginewatch.com.
Create a Buzz – Viral Marketing
- Create something unique: If you create something that people watched a thousand times before then no one will share your content. It doesn’t mean that you have to create a 100% unique content.
Every time creating a new and 100% unique content is not possible. So, instead of inventing new content in your niche you can add a twist to old content and present it in a new and exciting way.
- Make your content easy to consume: Keeping the audience attention for a long span is a very tough task because today people do not have a long attention span. That’s why today most of the content that goes viral is due to short and easy to read, watch, or listen.
For example a 1-minute video is easier to consume than a 5-minute video.
This also means you shouldn’t put viral content behind obstacles, such as making people join a list before they can watch, read, or listen to your content.
- Evoke Emotions: People are motivated to share when you touch them on an emotional level. Some of the top emotions found in viral content include joy, delight, surprise, and happiness. Evoking certain negative emotions such as anger, fear and disgust may also work, depending on your topic.
- Reverse engineer successful viral campaigns: Follow the people who tend to launch viral campaigns on social media in your niche. Then, take note of those campaigns that get a lot of likes, comments, and shares. Now, reverse engineer these campaigns to figure out what makes them successful.
- Experiment and test: There is no exact tips and tricks or formula to create a viral content viral. So, viral marketers are constantly launching viral campaigns to see what works.
Sometimes you may expect something will go viral but it won’t, while in some cases something will surprise you. So keep creating a lot of content because consistency is the key to success.
- Promote your viral content like crazy: Whenever you launch viral content, remember that you need to get it in front of many people as much as possible. The more people watch your content immediately after launch time, the more quickly your content becomes viral due to social proof.
So, before launching your content pay attention to launching time. It means to think about your targeted audience and when they are most likely online.
Also, be sure to promote your content on social media, asking your friends and marketing partners to share it, and even you can purchase paid advertising.
- Call people to action: It is the best way to get your audience to do anything. You can increase your content sharing rate by telling people through text to share your content.
For example, you can say like this- “Click here to share with your friends and give them a good laugh – they’ll thank you for it!”
START AN AFFILIATE PROGRAM
- Make it easy for affiliates to promote: Most affiliates want it to be “copy and paste” easy to promote your products, so create plenty of marketing materials for them to use. This includes:
- Autoresponder series
- Blog articles
- Rebrandable reports
- You can also make yourself available for live events such as webinars and interviews.
- Offer an attractive commission: If you’re selling digital products, then you should be offering a 50% commission at a minimum. You can even offer more, especially if you have a low-priced product. Offer a considerable commission on your products.
- Advertise your affiliate program: No one will know about your affiliate program until you promote or show it. In other words, advertise your affiliate program in the same way you promote a product.
So that people can know about your affiliate program and start promoting your products. Follow the tips given below to promote your affiliate program:
- Get listed in relevant marketplaces.
- Advertise on affiliate forums and Facebook groups (ask permission and/or place paid ads).
- Share your post on social media.
- You can advertise your affiliate program on your own website.
- Give your best perks to top affiliates: Today there’s a lot of competition for good affiliates, so you may add in additional perks to affiliates such as training calls, contests, or even daily commissions (only for those you know and trust).
Work hard to create a great product and a high-converting sales, as together these two things will attract good affiliates.
Those who are known to be top affiliates in your niche shouldn’t have to purchase your product (though they might do it anyway). Instead, approach them directly and give them access to your product for free.
Both super affiliates and your average affiliate will be motivated to work hard when you offer bumped up commissions based on volume.
Here’s an example:
Sell 1-10 products in a month: 50% commission.
21 – 30, 60%
And so on……..
- Create new offers for affiliates to promote: There is more than one way to do this. Take a look:
- Create entirely new products.
- Re-launch existing products.
- Repurpose existing products, such as splintering a part of a home-study course and letting affiliates promote it for 100% commissions.
Affiliate marketing can be a good channel for getting new customers and increasing your revenue if you have given time to set up it correctly. It can also increase your website traffic.
TURN CONTENT INTO TRAFFIC
- Write guest posts for other websites: It is the best way to drive traffics to your website when you are new in blogging. It will not only give you traffic but also give you quality backlinks. If you want to write guest posts then you can check with other blogs in your niche to see if they accept guest posts.
You can also search on google to grab these opportunities. Just search for your niche keywords alongside search terms such as:
- Guest articles
- Submit guest articles
- Guest blogging
- Submit articles
- Guest authors
Don’t forget to check out the DA (Domain authority)and PA (Page authority) of the website for which you are writing guest posts.
- Comment on other peoples’ blogs: Earlier, bloggers used this method to drive traffic to their website. But over time people started using it incorrectly. The main motive behind commenting on other people’s blogs is to join the discussion and contribute thoughtful responses but some people use it as spam.
This is a traditional method to drive traffic but you can use it in the present time also if you use it correctly. At the end of your comment, you can post a link to your blog (where allowed).
Don’t “hit and run” blogs with your comments.
- Do webinars: You can do this alone or with a joint venture partner. You can offer access to your webinar for free and collect everyone’s email address who joins.
Now you have a list of email addresses that you can use for selling your products, promotion of products, etc.
- Use lead magnets: You also can build a list by offering free access to a product or service in exchange for an email address.
You can offer like:
- Reports and ebooks
- Audio interviews or podcasts
- Mind maps
- Apps and other software
- Gear lists
… And any other in-demand tool or resource in your niche.
- Create edutaining content: Try to mix up the education and entertainment category. It means to make content through which you can not only educate your audience but also entertain them.
This is not any way to increase the traffic of your website but through this method, you can keep the audience engaged in your posts and keep them coming back for more.
- Don’t waste your author bylines: Some people use their bylines to talk about themselves, and that’s a mistake. Instead, use your byline as a small ad to get people to click through to your website. You do this by providing a benefit and a call to action.
For example: “Are you tired of being overweight and not fitting into your favorite jeans? Click here to find out how to shed the fat fast…”
- Create a variety of content: Keep your readers engaged by creating different types of articles. This may include:
- Tips articles
- How-to articles
- Product Reviews
- Direct Promotions
- Industry news
And so on. Offering a variety of content will also give you a good idea of what your audience likes the most.
- Use content reminders in your content: One more way to keep people reading or watching your content till the end is to drop “reminders” in the beginning and the middle to arouse curiosity.
For example You may probably wondering “how much money can a blogger make?” You’ll be surprised after knowing. But first, take a look at is…”
Naturally, you need to provide a payoff later where you finish your story and satisfy the readers’ curiosity.
Pay for traffic
- Place ads on niche sites: If you have good enough money to invest in buying traffic then you can do it by placing ads on a niche websites. You may already aware of top websites similar to your niche. If not, then search on google and you’ll find your results.
For example: if your website is based on technology then you can search like “top 10 tips and tricks based website”.
After taking a look at the top websites, see if they accept advertising. If they do, then start with a small ad buy and invest more if you get good results.
- Buy email/newsletter ads: While you’re researching niche sites on Google, also look for the websites that accept newsletter advertising.
Join the newsletter when you become sure that the site provides high-quality information to an interactive, engaged audience. If yes, find out how many subscribers the publisher has and where they came from?
If everything is fine then as always start investing with a small amount and increase it according to the results.
- Use an advertising broker: If You don’t want to seek out ad opportunities yourself due to any reason then you can use a “middleman” website like BuySellAds.com.
You also can Search “buy online advertising” on google to find out more websites like this.
- Purchase Facebook ads: If you really want to invest money in ads to bring traffic to your website then Facebook comes first in this case. There are almost 2.6 billion active users on Facebook and there every type of person is available.
So, if you place ads on Facebook, you can then target your category wise audience. Also, CTR (click-through rate) is high on Facebook as compared to other social media sites.
- Use Google AdWords: Google Ads is Google’s online advertising program, that allows you to create online ads to reach audiences that are interested in the products and services you offer. The Google Ads platform runs on pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, i.e. you have to pay every time a visitor clicks your ad.
Google has a wonderful pay per click advertising opportunity at http://google.com/adwords. If you use AdWords, be sure to:
Choose narrowly targeted keywords rather than broad keywords.
Test and track your campaign using the built-in tools so you know which keywords and which ads deliver the best results.
- Arouse curiosity: No matter where you’re placing an ad, you can boost CTR (click-through rate) by arousing curiosity with the ad.
Click here to find out the secret of looking ten years younger?.
Follow the tips given below to make your Ads more successful:
If you’re placing banner ads or other graphic ads, choose eye-catching graphics with one or more of these characteristics:
- Bright colors.
- Simple and uncluttered.
- Smiling people.
- Cute animals.
The subject of your photo should be looking directly at the view or at your ad’s text, as viewers will naturally look where a person or animal is looking.
- Present a strong call to action: You’ll get a better CTR if you tell people exactly what you want them to do.
Click here to watch this startling video.
Click here to claim your discount coupon.
Click here to join now.
- Advertise at niche-relevant events: It incorporates career expos, trade shows, exhibitions, meetings, seminars, and workshops. Most of these events will offer you to purchase booth space for the duration of the event.
Marketing for niche events is less competitive and it can be easier to target advertising in the category that your event specializes in. The downside is that this market may be limited.
- Purchase offline print advertising: You can take out display ads in newspapers or niche-relevant magazines.
Save money by inquiring about remnant advertising. This is last-minute advertising that editors offer to you at a discount because they have unused ad space.
- Place a radio ad: Do you have something of interest to local listeners? Then consider placing a radio ad. This works best if you place the ad during a relevant program, such as a talk show related to your niche.
Then consider placing a radio ad. This works best if you place the ad during a relevant program, such as a talk show related to your niche.
- Land media interviews: Your local TV news and radio talk shows are always looking for experts and others to interview. You can request them by sending out a proposal to the program’s producer, along with a clip of interviews you’ve given in the past.
If you have never given an interview before then create a short but informative “talk” on video, and send to the program producer.
- Send flyers or brochures in shipments: If you send out physical shipments (either off your direct web sales or even through eBay), then you have a great opportunity to bring back repeat traffic. Just include a flyer with a good reason to visit your site, such as a limited-time offer.
Team up with others in your niche who send physical shipments and swap flyers. They’ll send your flyer in their shipments, and vice versa. It’s a great way to bring warm leads to your site!
- Do Leaflet distribution – Direct Mail Marketing: If you collect your prospects’ or customers’ postal addresses, then you can send out postcards to them with special offers.
You can learn more about leaflet distribution services at LeafletDistributionDublin.com and learn how to plan your direct mail marketing campaign.
- Offer free workshops: The idea here is to advertise a free talk or workshop, and then collect your registrant’s information as leads.
For example, if you sell dog training information, then offer a free workshop on dog training.
You can rent a conference room at a local hotel, or you might be able to get free space at a local shop.
OPTIMIZE YOUR STRATEGY
- Create a traffic plan: If you don’t have a plan, then your business is like a ship without a rudder.
So be sure to create a traffic plan that outlines exactly what you’ll do to get traffic and when you’ll take each step.
Be sure to diversify your traffic strategy so that you’ll quickly recover even if one source of traffic dries up.
- Work your traffic plan every day: Consistency is the key to good long term results.
Even if you just have a few minutes, do at least one thing daily to grow your traffic. Examples include:
- Tweeting a promo link.
- Share posts on Facebook Page.
- Write a blog article
- Always try to grab new guest blogging opportunities.
- Recruiting new affiliates.
These small, consistent steps add up to big results.
- Learn how to write good copy: Good sales copy in your advertisements brings traffic to your website, and good sales copy on your website turns more of your traffic into subscribers and customers.
Sales copy aims to persuade a reader to take a specific action—to buy a product, inquire about your service, join your email list, download a free report, or follow you on social media. Sales copy is used in emails, on web pages, or in sales brochures.
If you don’t know much about writing good copy, then you can pick up books from the masters such as David Ogilvy, Victor Schwab, John Caples, and Dan Kennedy.
- Capture traffic on a mailing list: There’s no sense in putting in all the hard work of getting traffic if you’re not capturing as much as you can on a mailing list.
Email is one of the most effective channels, especially for e-commerce stores. The average return for every dollar spent on email marketing is a massive $44. Harnessing your website traffic to grow your email list is therefore essential to your e-commerce success.
Achieving this is not always that easy, however. People tend to be hesitant when it comes to handing over their email address, especially when it’s on a website they haven’t visited before.
So get a good email service provider such as Mailchimp.com, Aweber Email Marketing or GetResponse.com and create a desirable lead magnet that your prospects will love, and set up a lead page that persuades visitors to exchange their email address for your freebie.
- Establish yourself as an expert: People will listen to you more if you establish yourself as an expert in a particular field.
How you can establish yourself as an expert?
- Make your own blog and showcase your expertise on it.
- Showcase your expertise elsewhere. You can do guest blogging, answer questions on Quora, and set up a YouTube channel for video-casts.
- People often view those who write print books as authorities and experts in the niche. You can sell your book on sites such as Amazon and Barnes and Noble, as well as offering copies at offline events and directly off your website.
- Give people a reason to come back: Once you’ve converted a site visitor into a customer, it’s time to take it a step further and keep them coming back—and turn them into brand advocates. Brand advocates are the people who are loyal users of your goods and services, and most importantly, are the ones who will sing your praises to others! Here are five easy ways you can keep visitors coming back.
- Personalize Your Website- Providing visitors with a unique, personalized experience makes it easier to turn them into brand advocates.
- Showcase What’s New and Popular- Offering new content on a regular basis and highlighting your greatest hits will foster repeat engagement.
- Create a Good User Experience- Your website design and usability are two of the most important factors that influence how much time visitors spend on your website and whether they’ll return
- Engage Users through Email- Personalize your emails with content that targets exactly what the consumer needs. When you provide users with specific content beyond what they can find on the website, they’ll feel “in the know” and will be more likely to become brand advocates.
- Reward Your Brand Advocates- Once your brand advocates start spreading the word about your products or services, it’s time to say thank you.
- Use multimedia to reach prospects: Different people prefer different ways of receiving information. That’s why you should offer a variety of content, including text, infographics, videos, and even audios. You can do this for blog posts as well as sales materials.
- Start a referral program: Your existing customers can bring new customers to your traffic with a referral program. You can offer a bonus product or discount once the referral purchased a product.