You may hear about the terms like Blog, Blogging, and Blogger many times. But maybe you don’t know what these terms mean? Also, for some people it’s like a puzzle that what is a blog, Why do people blogging, what do we benefit from it and how much money can you make with a blog?
Don’t worry if you are also one of them who knows nothing about blogging then this article is especially for you. In this post, we will discuss, about blogging in detail to clear your confusion.
What is a blog?
In simple words to define a blog, we can say that it’s a free online platform to share your thoughts, information, facts, etc. The person who works on the blog is known as a blogger whereas the work that is done on the blog is called blogging.
Actually, the term blog is the short name of Weblog. On December 17, 1997, Jorn Barger named Weblog. Later, in 1999 Peter Merholz, who jokingly broke the word weblog into the phrase we blog in the sidebar of his blog Peterme.com. leading to the popularization of the term “Blog”.
Before Blogs, people used to write their thoughts in diaries or print in newspapers. But as technology improved, the blog takes the place of these traditional things.
You can also start your own blog even if you are not a technical expert. There are a lot of blogging platforms available on the internet that can provide you both free and paid services.
Some popular blogging Platforms:
Don’t miss: Blogger vs WordPress
The main difference between blogging and website is, You will need some technical knowledge to create a website. Also, You have to invest some money in Domain name, Hosting, etc. Whereas blogging can be started without any technical knowledge and investment.
What are the benefits of starting a blog:
There are a lot of benefits of blogging, also if you are passionate about writing then this can be the best way to get your articles to the public.
- By writing Blog articles, you can become popular and make your own identity to the Internet World.
- Through blogging your writing skill will improve with time.
- You can write a blog in any language, there is no restriction on it.
- You, Will, Become a More Organized Thinker
- Since it requires a certain level of discipline, commitment, and time so you, will, develop healthier habits.
- Get Immediate Feedback- An author has to wait months between finishing his/her book and reading the reviews whereas a blogger gets instant feedback as comments after publishing an article.
- You can Start a New Business through blogging- Sometimes a blog starts out as a hobby only to become a full-time business.
- Apart from these benefits, the most important thing is you can make money from it.
There are many more benefits of blogging but these are the main points.
Note: Like anything else in life, blogging is a process and requires patience.
How much money can you make with a blog?
When it comes to earning money through blogging, it becomes a little bit tough. Although, it’s not very tough that you can’t make money.
The most important thing to make money from your blog is traffic. It is the formula traffic=earning.
Basically, your earning depends upon how much traffic your website is getting and what are the ways you are using to generate money (monetization method).
There are a lot of ways to monetize your blog but attracting visitors to your blog is a time taking process and also patience is required.
Now, how much you can make money with a blog?
You can earn 1k dollars or even more than 100k dollars/per month.
I have already told you that it depends on your traffic and monetization method. Suppose, your monthly traffic is more than 100k and you monetized your blog with Adsense then your earning depends on ads type, CPC, etc.
There are a lot of ways to bring traffic to a website but the ultimate, simple, and free way to bring traffic is SEO. Most of the bloggers generate 80 to 90% of traffic through SEO.
Some important tips to bring traffic to your blog:
- Try to write high-quality content.
- Your blog design must be user- friendly.
- Instead of writing small articles, try to write more than 1000 words.
- Do proper keyword research before writing an article.
- Do SEO
- Share your blog posts on social media like crazy.
So, go and start your own blog right now. “Stop thinking, start working”.
I hope you understand what is blogging, if you have any doubt then leave a comment below.
Sharing is caring.