Making online money becomes a very easy task in this era of digital marketing. There are numerous ways through which you can make money online. In this article, we will discuss how to earn money from website visits. It means how you can make money through the traffic coming on your website.
Four simple steps through which you can start making money online through your Blog:
Step 1. Choose your niche: It’s the first and most important part of the website. If you really want to make money then you have to choose a niche of your website according to your interest. It can be your passion, your interest, or even something you have no experience with.
To find passion, ask some question to yourself like What makes you forget to eat and pee?, What can you talk about for hours that when you talk about it, you light up?, What did you love to do as a child?, If you could be remembered for 3 things after you die, what would they be?, If you were financially secure, what would you do with your time?.
Step 2. Create a website: After choosing your interest build a website. You can check out this article to know in detail about creating a website.
Step 3. Draw visitors: There are a lot of ways through which you can attract visitors to your website. SEO is one of the best and free ways to drive traffic. Through SEO you can drive free traffics to your website.
I have already discussed How you can drive or increase traffic to your website? You can check out 50+ ways to bring traffic to your website.
Step 4. Start earning: When visitors started visiting your website, you will start earning.
Now, let’s see what are the ways through which you can monetize your blog and start earning.
15+ proven ways to earn money from your website visits:
Advertising is the first way that often comes in our mind to make money from blogging. Of course, it is possible to make money through your blog by placing ads on your website but there are also other ways to monetize your content. Let’s see what are these methods:
1. Affiliate Marketing: This is one of the best way to make double money as compared to others through your blog. It is also the ultimate “making money” process that worked 5 years ago and it is going to work 5 years from now (and beyond).
With affiliate marketing, you partner with brands and businesses within the content of your website. It’s very easy to make money through affiliate marketing. You can earn money through it in 3 simple steps:
- Find Product: Find a product you like and would recommend.
- Promote to the buyers: Now, promote the product to your website visitors and email subscribers.
- Earn: If the product or service resonates with these people, they will click on your affiliate link and purchase the product and you will get a split of the sale price(commission).
The commission might be anywhere from 30% to 70% of the product and services price. For example: If an e-book costs 100$ and the commission for promoting it is 50% then you’ll get 50$.
2. Google Adsense(“Pay Per Click” Advertising): AdSense allows publishers to tap into Google’s immense advertising network so that other advertisers can run ads on their website. If you have visited any website, you’ve seen Google ads many times.
It’s too easy to set up Google Adsense account and this is the best part about it. Once you’ll sign up, Google will place a simple code on your website that will identify the content of your website and start displaying relevant ads. It means Google will start displaying ads on your website according to your content.
For example- if your website is about dogs then Google will start showing only pets related advertisements.
You’ll be paid each time when someone clicks on the ad.
3. Sell ad space: Like google AdSense, you can control or display ads on your website according to yourself and that is selling your own ad space.
When you partner with Google Adsense to show ads on your website, google works as a broker(middleman) and cuts a part of your income generated through ads.
Now, you’ll say then selling your own ad space is far better than Google AdSense. Of course, you are right, also it can generate double the income of Google Adsense. But remember, before you start selling ad space, you have to receive enough traffic on your website so that any company can feel free to invest on your website.
4. Create & Sell Your Own Physical or Digital Product: When you can sell your own product directly, you will make more money. That’s because there is no middle-man in between you and the buyer that’s taking a ‘cut’ from the money earned.
It seems to be very simple because you can sell your products easily through your website and get paid immediately. Unfortunately, it’s not that easy in reality.
It doesn’t mean that it’s impossible. It’s not easy means– you’ll have to pay hard work to get success.
Creating a good and value for money products will require a lot of time and additional resources like design, content, etc. There’s a lot of ‘hidden costs’ in both time spent and the contractors to collaborate with. Selling your own products on your website also brings up problematic issues like payment gateways, shipping, and taxes.
eBooks, printables, graphics, templates, and podcasts are all examples of digital products.
Physical products include items like books, toys, clothes, and white goods.
If you are thinking to start it then we recommend the Shopify platform. It is the easiest way to get started online selling physical products.
In the first step, I think you should ask your audience what they want to know more about and then create a product around that.
There are a lot of benefits of starting it, like Big Money Earner, Great for building your brand and authority, Passive income because of affiliates promoting it, Affiliates send you traffic and build your business, etc.
The only downside of it takes a ton of time to setup.
5. Accept Guest posts on your website: Guest blogging is more popular than ever since it offers a win-win situation for everyone involved. The person who writes guest posts gets a great exposure with quality backlinks on targeted blogs, while the blog owner gets fresh and relevant content.
Search engines also rank those websites that update and add content on a daily basis. On top of that, accepting guest posts can save you time and money since quality content production is no easy affair.
Allowing Guest posts on your website can be a great source of income too. But remember people will pay you only when your website DA(Domain Authority), PA(Page Authority), and traffic is high.
6. Accept donations from visitors: If you don’t have a ton of monthly visits, but you do have a strong, engaged community? Simply ask your readers to donate!
Add a simple PayPal donation button on your website and ask people to donate a couple of quid (the equivalent of buying you a coffee) if they like your content.
Some of the biggest websites like Wikipedia run either fully or partially on donations.
Note: Ask for donations only when there is a strong trust between your website and Visitors.
7. Sell sponsored posts: Once you have done hard work on bringing or increasing traffic of your website, you can then monetize your hard work by a few different ways.
Many companies go out of their way to look for blogs that will feature their sponsored content. Sponsored posts are adverts in the form of an article, usually containing the advertiser’s website link.
You also can review the products of a company. For example: If your website is all about the latest android games, the creator of one of those ads would love to feature their app to your fans.
You can earn from 50$ to 500$+ depending on your website’s authority and traffic.
Note: Advertising regulations state if you’re paid to publish an article on your site by a third party, you must always write “Sponsored Post” on the page somewhere.
8. Publish premium articles: If you can create awesome and useful content, you can earn from it.
Let’s say you have a gaming website, and you’re able to share some little known strategies in an article. You can hook the visitor in by sharing a few tips, then linking to a password protected page (this is an option within WordPress) for the most valuable information.
The readers will get the password to read the premium article when they’ll pay you through PayPal.
You may have seen some of the big media outlets, like The Telegraph and The Times, using this strategy in recent years, so clearly it’s got some merit!
9. Include a business directory: Directory websites can be extremely popular–and with good reason. They allow us to quickly find a restaurant, discover all the movie theaters in our area, find a car mechanic or a plumber, or any other type of service provider or attraction with a few clicks of the mouse.
In essence, a directory website is a collection of links divided into topics, categories, and interest areas. They can cover a broad niche or even several different niches, like tourist attractions in your town, or they can specialize in covering a very tight-focused niche such as a listing of all car repair shops in your area.
Set up a business directory page, where companies pay you a set fee to have their business listed.
Charging business owners for submitting their business to your directory is the most common type of monetization. You can offer different pricing plans, each of which has its own set of benefits.
10. Add a membership forum: Making a forum part of an existing and thriving premium blog can be a great idea. You also can earn money by adding a ‘members-only’ forum on your website with the help of free WordPress plugins like bbpress. You can then monetize this by charging a regular subscription, or a one-off access fee.
There are also some more ways to earn from your website visits:
Sell text-link ads (NOT RECOMMENDED): Still, this method works you believe it or not, but remember that you run a risk of getting penalized because it violates Google’s Terms of Service.
11. Set up “Infolink”: It is one of the best alternatives to Google AdSense, which is easy to setup. The drawback is that it is not high in converting as compared to Adsense, and the payouts (on a per-click basis) is very less.
12. Use monetization widgets: It is very similar to Adsense. So you can check out as an alternative.
13. Set up RSS feed ads: Exactly what they sound like. Ad space for sale in-line with content from an RSS feed.
14. Give away premium content for extra: If you are creating awesome and mind-blowing content that visitors can’t get from anywhere else then you can ask them to pay some for it!
Note- Don’t ask the audience to pay right away, instead of focus on growing audience or visitors first.
15. Create a job board: Another simple way to collect additional money is by setting up a job board on your website when people are accepting job offers from different companies.
16. Display pop-ups advertisements: Displaying pop-up ads on your website can be extremely annoying. However, you can make money from it.
Note: Don’t use it if want to make your website big and sustain longer in blogging as a career because if you annoy your audience then there is a high possibility that they may not visit your website next time.
17. Offer coupons (with affiliate links): From clothes to vacations, people are always looking for discounts and promo codes. If you can find and offer them to your audience then you can get a cut of that revenue.
18. Just copy what others are doing: Learn and copy from your competitors