The term “SEO” stands for Search Engine Optimization. It is the process of bringing or increasing traffic to businesses or websites through search engine results (Organic Traffic).
SEO tools help to find out the potential of web pages for high placement on search engine ranking pages. Ultimately, they assist website owners to rank higher in search engine results.
There are a lot of different types of tools available in the SEO world, each tool has a specific role.
If you really want to grow your business or website then you have to learn SEO first. The potential of SEO is incredible but need to understand how to use them to get maximum outcome.
The Importance of SEO Tools:
Do you need SEO tools?
The simple answer is yes.
Just imagine, what if somebody asks you to build a table with your hands (without any tools like saws, a measuring tape, a drill, and screwdrivers, etc.). Of course, it’s not possible.
Well, if you want to grow your website then you’ll need SEO tools. Without these tools, it becomes almost impossible to grow your business or website.
There are a lot of things that you wouldn’t know without SEO tools like:
- How many visits your webpages are getting.
- Whether traffic has dropped significantly.
- If you have any HTML errors
- How many links you have.
- What keywords You should use to attract more visits.
And many more………
There are two types of tools available in the SEO market:
- Free tools
- Paid tools
In this article, we are going to share 40+ free SEO tools with you.
They can help you in many ways like:
- Keyword Research
- Local SEO
- Mobile SEO
- On-page SEO
- Rank Checking
- Site speed
- WordPress SEO
Now, let’s see what are these free SEO tools:
1. Google Search Console: One of the best and most useful SEO tool by Google. Without it, this SEO tools list can’t be completed.
Google Search Console is rich with insights related to:
- Keyword and URL performance.
- Indexation issues.
- Mobile usability.
- Sitemap status.
- And many more!
2. Small SEO Tools: This tool can help you in many ways to make your content SEO- friendly including a plagiarism checker, article rewriter, grammar checker, word counter, spelling checker, paraphrasing tool, and many more.
3. Bing Webmaster Tools: Bing Webmaster Tools only focuses on organic search. Must use it if you want to be ranked on Bing Search Engine.
4. Animalz Revive: Find out which of your pages needs an update or an upgrade, using this tool.
5. Link Redirect Trace: This tool will help you to make sure all your link redirects are directing people and crawlers where you want them to go.
6. Robots.txt Generator: Create a correct robots.txt file in an instant so search engines know how to crawl your website. Advanced users can customize their files with Robots.txt Generator as well.
7. XML Sitemaps: Create a site map of up to 500 pages for free without registration. You can Download your sitemap as an XML file or get it via email.
8. Answer the Public: Once you input a keyword, it fetches popular queries based on that keyword and generates a cool graphic with the questions and phrases people use when they search for that keyword.
9. Keyword Planner: Basically, GKP is designed for ad campaigns, but you can also use it for keyword research. It’s a free tool, so you can try it if you are a beginner.
10. Keyword Shitter: Get keyword volume, cost per click, and competition data with this tool for free.
11. Keywords Everywhere: It’s a must-use keyword research tool because it provides a lot of data for free, like search volume, CPC, and competition data for:
- Google Search
- Google Trends
- Answer The Public
- Google Keyword Planner
- Google Search Console
- Google Analytics
- Keyword Shitter
- Moz Open Site Explorer
It’s available for Chrome and Firefox.
12. Google Trends: It will help you to See the interest of a particular keyword or term from as recently as an hour to as far back as 2004.
You can sort by category, country, and type of search. Also, See related topics, popularity by region, newest most frequently searched for terms, and compare to other terms.
13. Ubersuggest: It’s a very simple keyword research tool that scrapes data from Google’s Keyword Planner for keyword ideas based on a keyword you provide. It will provide you keyword volume, cost per click, and competition data.
14. Disavow Tool: To free yourself from toxic backlinks, simply use this tool.
15. Link Explorer: This tool helps you to check the backlink profile and Domain Authority of any website.
16. Link Miner: Discover if a given URL has any broken links and discover the metrics of those links, including both search and social data with the Link Miner extension. You can also use LinkMiner to find out how many are on the page you’re viewing.
17. Backlink Checker: See the number of referring domains, the number of backlinks, the domain and URL rating, and its Ahrefs Rank, a domain’s position in Ahrefs’s list of most powerful sites.
18. The Anchor Text Suggestion Tool by Linkio: Discover the best anchor text to use for any URL with this Tool.
19. Mobile-Friendly Test: Test your website’s mobile-friendliness with Google’s Mobile-Friendly Testing Tool.
20. GTMetrix: This tool will help you to measure the loading speed of any website and discover what is keeping it from loading as fast as possible, and see what are the steps that you should take to optimize your website’s loading speed.
21. Cloudflare: A free content delivery network (CDN), which is a network of servers that helps your content to load faster.
22. Google Analytics: If you are serious about SEO then use Google Analytics. It provides a lot of useful data about websites like the number of visits, traffic sources, and location demographics. It is one of the best SEO tools that is used by every digital marketer.
By using Google Analytics, you can tweak your content strategy and figure out what works and what doesn’t.
23. Mozcast: This tool tracks all the big and small changes to Google’s search algorithm. Google makes hundreds of changes per year.
So, you can keep yourself up to date with Google’s search algorithm by using this tool and get the insights you need to win SERP features and improve your organic rankings.
24. Panguin Tool: Basically, this tool help you to know whether you’ve been affected by Google’s algorithm updates.
25. Beam Us Up: By using this tool, you will be able to know the ways to improve your website’s SEO.
26 .SEMrush: It is an excellent keyword research SEO tool. It can help you find out what keywords any page on the web is ranking for.
It provides detailed information about any particular keyword or query including their position in SERPs, the traffic trends over the past 12 months, etc.
You can also analyze your competitor’s website through this tool. Apart from these features, there are many more features available in this tool that you’ll know after using it.
Remember, With a free account, you can still use a lot of features, but you will be limited in your ability to pull the full data and use other tools. So, you can start it with 7 days trial before moving for premium features.
27. Bootify: It’s a site auditing tool. Provides information on website loading speed, HTML errors, and click depth.
28. Marketing Miner: By using this tool you can get SERP data, ranking, tool reports, and competitive analysis all in the form of convenient reports.
29. Bright Local: It is a free Local Search Results Checker tool. This tool will help you find duplicate or incorrect citations that are floating around online.
30. MozBar: You can easily access the PA(Page Authority) and DA(Domain Authority) scores of any Website or page. Also, you can highlight and differentiate links, and compare the link metrics of different sites in SERPs.
31. Browseo: This tool reveals how a search engine spider sees your site. The core feature of this tool is to show the preview of how your site appears in search results.
32. Copyscape Free Comparison Tool: This tool will help you to check the percentage of shared text between two different pages to clean plagiarism.
33. Ahref’s SERP Checker: It gives you an accurate ranking difficulty score and detailed SEO stats for the top 10 search results.
34. SERPROBOT: It’s a dedicated SERP tracking tool. Track and monitor your search engine keyword ranking quickly and accurately with this tool.
35. Mobile-Friendly Test: Google’s search algorithm focuses too much on how mobile-friendly a site is.
So, this tool (Mobile-Friendly Test) is designed to help you determine if your site is correctly optimized for smartphones and tablets.
You have to just type in your site’s URL, and it will simply inform you whether your website is mobile-friendly or not.
This tool also gives suggestions on how you can improve the mobile-friendliness of your website.
36. Lighthouse: This is Google’s open-source site speed utility. It provides audits of performance, accessibility, web apps, SEO, and more.
37. Page Speed Insights: Find out your website’s page loading speed and how to improve it.
38. Webpagetest: This tool conducts site speed tests from different locations using different browsers.
39. RankMath: RankMath has 15 modules and provides SEO guidance using 30 different types of improvements. This tool will help you rank higher in search engine
40. Yoast SEO: Yoast SEO is the most installed SEO plugin for WordPress, with regular updates and new tools. It handles the technical optimization of your site & assists with optimizing your content.
41. Ahrefs WordPress SEO Plugin: This SEO plugin will provide you with content audits, backlink checking, and tools to monitor and grow your organic traffic.
42. BuzzSumo: It is a platform that allows you to find engaging pieces of content and discover new potential outreach opportunities. The site allows you to search for content that has received the most shares, links, and comments.
43. Hunter: This tool will help you to find out all the important email addresses associated with a particular domain.
44. Wayback Machine: See a website throughout time, including pages that are no longer on the web with the Wayback Machine. Explore more than 468 billion web pages saved over time.
45. Bulk Domain Availability Checker: Speed up your process of finding expired domains with this tool. The Bulk Domain Availability Checker will review domain registration en mass and register domains if you want.
46. SEO Explorer: It’s a free tool for keyword and links research.
If you have any doubt then leave a comment below.
Sharing is caring.